Lead Engineer - Python - Machine Learning

Permanent  |  £75000 - £95000 per annum  |  Greater London  |  London

Leadership  •  Architecture  •  Back End Development

Work in a bespoke Data Science and Machine Learning team for one of the most successful online and in-store retailers in the UK.

Alongside the Chief Data Scientist and a team of Data Scientists, Python and Cloud Engineers you will design and build business-critical Machine Learning platform designing and building a performant infrastructure which hosts complex algorithms covering over 20 million customer experiences.

60% of your time will be hands-on developing and architecting the product alongside your peers and the other 40% will focus on leadership, mentoring and team direction. This role is perfect for someone looking to remain hands-on while being a thought leader and influencer.

You'll definitely still be getting your hands dirty so whether you're an experienced Lead Engineer or a Senior Engineer looking for a step up, then you will have the resources to be successful.

The main technologies that are used in this team are Python, Docker and AWS in a serverless environment. Due to the nature of your role, you'll still be hands on the majority of the time and supporting the software engineers in the team to develop, so experience in Python Development and Cloud is essential.

It's important for this position that you have a forward thinking and modern agile mindset. Due to the nature of the team in the pairing of scientists and engineers, they embrace Xtreme programming with a heavy focus on continuous integration and test driven development, so if this is the way you like to promote working then you'll fit right in!

This is a really impressive project with a team all working collaboratively in achieving the same goal building one of the most exciting Machine Learning platforms. Sound like something you can't wait to get involved in? If so, then please get in touch with Alice for further details.

Apply for this Role

Send us your details to consider for this role and tell us a little about yourself

Upload CV (Optional. No CV, no problem. We want to hear from a person, not just a document)

Register for weekly job alerts?

Register your interest

If you are interested in this role and would like to be contacted, please enter your email or telephone below

Latest vacancies in Leadership / Architecture / Back End Development

  • Lead Python Engineer - Risk Modeling

    Permanent  |  £70000 - £100000 per annum + bonus  |  Greater London  |  London

    Back End Development

    Lead Python Engineer | Risk Modeling | Python, AWS | Up to £100,000 + bonus Are you a Lead Python Engineer who would enjoy working in a small, specialist company who are disruping the world of Catastrophe Modeling? Founded by two...

    View & apply Register your interest
  • Lead Golang Engineer

    Permanent  |  £70000 - £80000 per annum + bonus, equity   |  Greater London  |  London

    Back End Development

    TL;DR: Challenger crypto start-up in stealth mode, backed by a billionaire Looking for a Lead Golang Engineer to build their MVP from scratch Once up and running, build a team under you Remote first (potential to visit London office...

    View & apply Register your interest
  • DevOps Architect

    Permanent  |  £70000 - £100000 per annum  |  North West  |  Manchester

    Linux  •  Leadership  •  DevOps  •  Cloud

    Neil Armstrong was the first person to walk on the moon, you could be this organisation's first DevOps Architect. I have no idea where I'm going with that analogy, but both roles are pretty darn important. It's fresh. It's brand new....

    View & apply Register your interest