£400 - £500 per day
Your Postgres knowledge/experience is required to be the go-to when it comes to all things Postgres.
The company in question is currently migrating main registry from Rackspace to AWS Java application that uses Postgres. The client needs someone to come in and polish, improve, test and troubleshoot the Postgres replication.
You'll also be part of the working out/planning of whether they will continue self-hosted Postgres, or migrate to RDS. Understanding if it can be done in one step, as there have been difficulties with replication speed. In doing so, you'll write playbooks to make it all happen. This is more of a Postgres Consultant/Engineer role, rather than a Postgres DBA role.
- Expert Postgres knowledge
- Postgres RDS
- Database backup
- Assess the requirements for the Postgres migration and the various possibilities when it comes to RDS versus self hosted Postgres, and if necessary migrate QA and Sandbox systems to RDS
- Write a migration runbook for migration of production readonly database
- Asses and work out the timeframe for completing the project, including the expected downtime
- Offer support during the migration of the production read only database to AWS, with replication from primary in Rackpace
So basically, you just need to be a Postgres expert with unrivalled knowledge!
This is a great company to work for, so apply now for the full details.
Your .NET Core experience is required to join a company making a real world difference across the globe.
Security Infrastructure Architect
Your varied and extensive experience is required to join a tech-for-good organisation
Senior Backend Developer (Rust)
Your experience as a Senior Rust Developer is required to join a motivated company in the gaming space.