Training Course: Puppet Fundamentals
01/10/2016 Training Courses
Learn to manage your infrastructure through the configuration management and orchestration tooling of Puppet
You'll learn how to treat your infrastructure as code, how using Puppet can reduce risk and time-to-recovery, and why Puppet is such a popular and widely deployed tool.
What you'll cover in the course
- Introduction - Configuration Management and Orchestration concepts, tools and comparisons
- Puppet Architecture - Puppet Server, Masterless Puppet, Certificate Management, Node classification, PuppetDB, ENCs
- Custom and External Facts
- File Management
- Roles and Profiles
- Module Management - Puppet Forge, Vendor Modules
- Language - Declarations vs Definitions, Modules, Manifests, Classes, Resource Types, Providers, Relationships, Autoloading, Variables, Data Types, Literal Types, Variable Scope, Conditionals, Defined Types
This is a great introductory course aimed at engineers who want to understand what Puppet is, and the value it can add to your infrastructure. You can attend a course as an individual, or we can organise a session for your whole team.
We have courses available to suit different levels of experience with Puppet, so you might also be interested in our Introducing Puppet or our Puppet Engineering Courses. If you're not sure which course is most relevant to your experience, please get in touch and we can help.
For more information, or to book a training course, please fill out the form below and we'll be in touch!