Training Course: Puppet Engineering
01/10/2016 Training Courses
Learn to manage your infrastructure through the configuration management and orchestration tooling of Puppet
In this course, you'll be able to deepen your knowledge of Puppet, and further learn how to treat your infrastructure as code.
What you'll cover in the course
- Introduction - Configuration Management and Orchestration concepts, tools and comparisons
- Puppet Architecture - Puppet Server, Masterless Puppet, Certificate Management, Node classification, PuppetDB, ENCs
- Development and Testing - IDEs, Development Principles, Class Design - DRY and KISS,
- Custom and External Facts
- File Management
- Roles and Profiles
- Security with
- Module Management - Puppet Forge, Vendor Modules,
- Language - Declarations vs Definitions, Modules, Manifests, Classes, Resource Types, Providers, Relationships, Autoloading, Variables, Data Types, Literal Types, Variable Scope, Conditionals, Defined Types, Inheritance, Templates
- Puppet and Windows - Powershell, Files Users, Groups, Packages
This is a course aimed at engineers who want to deepen their knowledge of Puppet. You can attend a course as an individual, or we can organise a session for your whole team.
We have courses available to suit different levels of experience with Puppet, so you might also be interested in our Puppet Fundamentals or our Advanced Puppet Engineering courses. If you're not sure which course is most relevant to your experience, please get in touch and we can help.
For more information, or to book a training course, please fill out the form below and we'll be in touch!