Training Course: Apache Kafka
01/10/2016 Training Courses
Learn how to install, deploy and manage Apache Kafka high-throughput distributed messaging software
This workshop will give you practical experience with Apache Kafka, and the skills to deploy Apache Kafka in a production environment.
What you'll learn about in this course
- Introduction - Use Cases, Alternatives to Kafka
- Configuration - New Producer, Broker, Consumer and Producer Configuration
- Design - Motivation, Persistence, Efficiency, The Producer, The Consumer, Message Delivery Semantics, Replication
- Implementation - API Design, Network Layer, Messages, Message format, Log, Distribution
- Kafka API - Producer API, High-Level Consumer API, Simple Consumer API, Kafka Hadoop Consumer API
- Basic Kafka Operations - Adding and removing topics, Modifying topics, Graceful shutdown, Balancing leadership, Checking consumer position, Mirroring data between clusters, Expanding your cluster, Decommissioning brokers, Increasing replication factor
- Datacenters, Important Server Configs, Important Client Configs, Production Server Configs, Monitoring, ZooKeeper
This course is suited to engineers currently using Kafka, or technical people who would like to start. You can attend a course as an individual, or we can organise a session for your whole team.
For more information, or to book a training course, please fill out the form below and we'll be in touch!